Bristol Myers Squibb Sourcing Excellence Manager in Tampa, Florida
The Sourcing Excellence Manager is responsible for sourcing excellence management processes, and designated Sourcing Excellence team members. Key responsibilities include owning and driving implementation of high value and highly complex sourcing projects and contracts; and identifying supply optimization opportunities for speed-to-market, innovation, revenue enhancement, mitigated risk/improved lifecycle management, overall competitive cost advantage, and other sources of value for Bristol-Myers Squibb.
The Sourcing Excellence Manager is part of a global team which collaborates with category leaders and business partners on category strategy development, contributing advanced strategic industry insight.
The incumbent oversees Business Partner Outsourcing (‘BPO’) partners in performing category management responsibilities and provides stakeholder and supplier management for Tier 3 categories. Responsibilities also include managing selected Supplier Relationship Management (‘SRM’) programs: processes and procedures, supplier and category segmentation, operational performance and contract management.
Procurement and Sourcing
• Provide insights from internal and market analytics to influence the development of strategic category plans; partner with category leaders and business partners on plan development, including building plans for smaller categories. Builds understanding of BMS’s global, end-to-end value chain as it relates to the categories in focus.
• Lead identification, screening and selection of potential sources and determination of appropriate methods of procurement; execute complex sourcing projects that require expertise, utilizing extensive and deep contracting or technical expertise. (Examples include Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (‘API’), Information Technology (‘IT’))
• Lead the preparation and solicitation of competitive bids, quotations and proposals; evaluate competitive offerings; assess supplier product and pricing information; prepare and issue contracts for legal review and approval
• As required for function and categories assigned, manage the design and development of procurement compliance programs; lead category-specific risk management efforts
• Contribute to Sourcing Excellence functional development efforts such as process improvement and capabilities development
• Understand, develop procurement financing and leveraging strategies (eg. lease vs. buy). Where applicable, evaluate optimum strategies for inventory management, including restock levels and just-in-time supply
• Manage database of specifications, suppliers, goods and/or services; research and make recommendations to Sourcing Excellence Director on decisions for “make, buy or lease,” privatize or outsource goods or services
Supplier Relationship Management (Prioritized Categories and Suppliers)
• Develop, evaluate and manage effective relationships with suppliers, strategic alliance partners, supply chain, cross-functional and multi-functional teams; manage preferred suppliers using the Supplier Management methodology, develop metrics for supplier performance, conduct supplier visits and evaluations to determine capability, alignment and capacity
• Support the review of supplier innovations and demonstrations in partnership with the Business Partnering and Strategy group for prioritized Tier 1 suppliers,
• For escalated issues with respect to quality, performance or supply, support Business Partnering & Strategy with the analytics required to solve root cause issues; collaborate with site / local procurement on solutions. Own and drive mitigation projects on a prioritized basis
• Implement and manage the small business and disadvantaged suppliers search and development programs
Management & Organization:
• Lead short and long term initiatives that deliver positive impacts on the organization, including training and development programs.
• Champion process improvements, recommending new ways of working to improve processes and embed new systems in the function and across Sourcing Excellence
• Lead and participate in organizational cross-functional development such as process improvement, capabilities development efforts, continuous innovation programs
• Lead the hiring, performance evaluation, management and development planning of assigned Sourcing Excellence employees, and mentor junior staff in the SE organization; this includes employees geographically separated from the Sourcing Excellence leadership team
• Provide BMS support/oversight to suppliers of Procurement BPO services, including SRM activities
• Prepare periodic reports of department activities for the Sourcing Excellence Leadership team and other stakeholders as required; analyze and ensure resolution of issues raised in procurement audit reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Science or Engineering desirable), Master’s Degree in related field
• Minimum of 7 years’ work experience and at least 6 years procurement or relevant experience. (Preferred category experience includes: Clinical Research Services, Biologics Manufacturing, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (‘API’), Information Technology (‘IT’) or other science-based industries)
• Expertise in procurement processes, technology and systems (such as Ariba), contract and supplier analysis and management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier diversity, strategic planning and integrated supply chain.
• Extensive people management and employee development responsibilities, including talent identification and acquisition.
• Demonstrated ability to partner with and manage internal stakeholders at all levels within a highly matrixed organization, working across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams.
• Strong understanding of data analytics, category management; expertise in process redesign and continuous improvement, project and performance management
• Demonstrated ability to partner, manage and influence virtually
• Relevant industry certification e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
US military experience will be considered towards industry and professional experience requirements
Development Value Sourcing Excellence is a fungible pool of talent and future leaders for Global Procurement. SE colleagues are responsible for analytics, sourcing project management, contracting, and supplier relationship management processes. It is an organization that feeds a pipeline of candidates for the Business Partnering & Strategy organization.
This Manager position is critical to talent development as the second-in-charge for the Director. Ideal, high potential candidates should be also open to future relocation to Central New Jersey.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.