Bristol Myers Squibb Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Engineer in Tampa, Florida
Bristol-Myers Squibb's state of the art North America Capability Center in Tampa, FL is looking for exceptional talent to join the Corporate IT Digital Plant MES team. This position is key to the continued progression of our global MES strategy which includes a centralized recipe development, implementation, and support model.
As an MES engineer you will be a key contributor to the design, development, maintenance, and support of a common library of objects and recipes that are utilized by manufacturing plants worldwide and the continued evolution of tools and capabilities for improved end-user experience.
You will work with management, engineering, manufacturing, vendors, and IT resources from ERP/LIMS/CMMS and other systems to deliver enhancements to the MES platform. You will also have an opportunity to work with a variety of technologies such as C#/VB.NET, VBScript, SQL Server, ASP.NET, OPC, HMI, barcode scanners, and RFID.
A successful candidate must demonstrate self-motivation, attention to detail and ingenuity. They must also demonstrate the ability to thrive in a multifaceted team environment. They rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity, initiative, integrity, and self-discipline, along with excellent communication skills are required.
• Responsible for providing manufacturing execution systems operational support, documentation, administration, deployment, and maintenance for development, test and production environments across global manufacturing sites
• Work with site functional teams including manufacturing, technology, engineering, and quality to gather user requirements for changes and enhancements
• Convert user requirements into process and system requirements and build solutions to these specifications
• Support development and troubleshooting of MES recipes and other components that support manufacturing operations.
• Understand and track customer complaints and technical issues, the progress of vendor inquiries, and work through issues to resolution
• Develop and maintain training resources, guides and other material
• Develop and execute manual unit test suites as well as perform unit and integration testing
• Review and provide detailed feedback on peer design and source code
• Provide accurate estimates and effectively communicate status
• Strong time management skills, including the ability to adhere to assigned prioritizations, manage expectations, meet interim and final deadlines, and thrive in a dynamic work environment
• Support 24x7 on-call support rotation
• Adhere to GxP, regulatory requirements and industry guidelines
• Approximately 25-50% travel is required.
• Bachelor degree in IT or Engineering field
• Fluent in Spanish
• Experience with Microsoft Windows/Server, Excel, and Visio
• Experience with SQL, VBA, and/or XML
• Experience with OOP languages is a plus
• Experience with GMP manufacturing process, supporting business, quality and/or facilities systems is a plus
• Experience with qualification and validation requirements in a regulated environment is preferred.
• Experience with MES/DCS/PCS is a plus
• Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts both verbally and written
• Ability to share technical knowledge with others
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy, collaborative environment
• Ability to gather a comprehensive view and design new concepts
• Ability to analyze, make decisions, solve problems and adhere to deadlines
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.