Bristol Myers Squibb Senior Scientist, Purification (14) in Redwood City, California
Senior Scientist - Purification
We are seeking a skilled protein chemist at the Senior Scientist level to join the protein production group. The candidate will be expected to work on a variety of projects to purify proteins from multiple species and heterologous expression systems.
• Purify proteins using variety of systems (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, etc.).
• Purify proteins using multiple purification platforms (i.e. AKTA Avant, etc.).
• Analyze proteins using standard protein characterization methods (SDS-PAGE/CE-SDS, SEC-MALLS, endotoxin, etc.).
• Perform experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, or similar field with 4+ years of post Ph.D. experience
• Independent ability and experience in generation and characterization of high quality proteins for immunizations, crystallography, etc. is required.
• Strong expertise in antibody purification and characterization for in vitro and in vivo uses is also required.
• Experience in automated purification is highly preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of molecular biology and expression is preferred.
• Experience with training and guiding an associate is required.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.