Bristol Myers Squibb Scientist III, Protein Engineering & Immunology (7) in Redwood City, California
Scientist III, Protein Engineering/immunology
We are seeking a skilled biochemist /molecular biologist/immunologist at the Scientist III level to work on a variety of cutting edge projects at the interface of protein engineering and immuno-oncology. The candidate will be expected to develop in-vitro biochemical and immune assays to help in develop new technologies and move pipeline projects forward.
• Work at the interface between protein engineering and biology/immunology
• Utilize expertise in biology, immunology, and biochemistry to design and implement functional and cell-based assays to support technology development, antibody selections, and mechanistic studies
• lead exploratory efforts and identify/validate novel therapeutic targets
• Identify and implement methodologies to enhance cell-line, antigen, and assay functionalities.
• Apply molecular and cell biology techniques to design and generate transient and stable cell-lines using various techniques including lentiviral transduction and CRISPR
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• Ph.D. and postdoctoral work in Molecular & Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or similar fields with 4-8 years of post Ph.D. experience
• Background in Oncology or immune-oncology
• Experience in functional assay development
• Strong experience in primary cell culture and multi color FACS analysis
• CRISPR and lentivirus experience desirable
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team
• Excellent written, oral, and organizational skills
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.