Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Scientist, Purification in Redwood City, California
We are seeking a skilled and protein chemist at the Associate Scientist level to join the expression and purification group. The candidate will be expected to work on a variety of projects to purify antibodies from multiple species and heterologous expression systems.
• Purify proteins using variety of systems (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, etc.).
• Purify proteins using multiple purification platforms (i.e. AKTA Avant, etc.).
• Analyze proteins using standard protein characterization methods (SDS-PAGE/CE-SDS, SEC-MALLS, endotoxin, etc.).
• Perform experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• BS degree with 10+ years of industry experience, MS degree with 7+ years of industry experience, or PhD with 0-2 years of industry experience. The degree should be in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, or similar field.
• Independent ability and experience in generation and characterization of high quality proteins for immunizations, crystallography, etc. is required.
• Strong expertise in antibody purification and characterization for in vitro and in vivo uses is also required.
• Experience in automated purification is highly preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of molecular biology and expression is preferred.
• Experience with training and guiding an associate is required.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.