Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Scientist, HTP Molecular Biology & Expression (42) in Redwood City, California
Associate Scientist - HTP Molecular Biology & Expression
We are seeking a skilled molecular biologist to join the high-throughput expression purification group to design, generate, and utilize expression constructs for protein expression in eukaryotic and prokaryotic expression systems.
• General molecular biology involving isolation, manipulation, and characterization of DNA, RNA and proteins.
• Design of mammalian cell expression vectors for recombinant proteins.
• Mammalian cell culture and transfection using viral and lipid transfection systems.
• Small-scale protein production using automation.
• Perform experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• BS degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or MS degree with 2+ years of relevant experience and degree in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, or similar field.
• Demonstrated experience in design and construction of cell expression plasmid constructs, site-directed mutagenesis, and recombinant protein vector design.
• Experience in expression of antibodies from small to medium scale is highly desirable.
• Experience using automation (i.e. liquid handlers, etc.) and programming jobs on automation workstations is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting is required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with teams is required.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.