Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Research Scientist in Redwood City, California
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Oncology Discovery Research team at BMS Redwood City, CA. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment to advance basic research programs as well as drug development. In this role, the individual will be responsible for coordinating and executing experimental plans that will contribute to the understanding of mechanism of action of immune regulation by therapeutic targets. Communication skills, problem solving, and a desire to perform high quality work are necessary. Strong organizational skills will be highly preferred. This position will also offer an opportunity to expand both knowledge and skills.
· Developing novel assays for the characterization of the immune system integrating the current scientific literature into research practice
· Designing and executing experiments in both in vitro human systems and in vivo/ex vivo mouse models
· Analyzing and presenting scientific results to internal and external scientists
· Working in a collaborative team environment
· A B.S. or M.S. in immunology or a related field, and 2-4 (B.S.) or 0-1 (M.S) years of relevant experience in industry and/or academic set-up
· Eligible to work with BSL2 pathogens, including Listeria monocytogenes
Skills and Experience
· Experience in isolation, characterization and functional assay development using primary immune cells of rodent and/or human origin is essential.
· Basic understanding and experience of multi-color flow cytometry is essential.
· Experience with in vivo and ex vivo tumor and tissue analysis in mouse models of T cell-driven immune responses is desirable.
· Willing to work in a BSL2 environment
· Active participation in designing, executing, and analyzing experiments.
· Good attention to detail, organization, and record keeping.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.