Bristol Myers Squibb Senior Manager, Innovative Medicines Forecasting Innovative Medicine in Princeton, New Jersey
The Senior Manager of WW Innovative Medicine Forecasting, Business Insights & Analytics is a dynamic member of BMS’ Strategic Forecasting Team that partners very closely with Marketing, R&D, Finance, Regulatory, Access, Competitive Intelligence, and Market Research teams. He/she will be responsible to provide internal business consultation to the WW Immunoscience leadership team, enable informed strategic decisions, as well as deliver high quality solutions and answers to ad hoc requests/questions.
The Senior Manager serves as an internal consultant to Immunoscience Leadership by assessing the financial implications of different options within a disease area and/or portfolio, and helps brand teams (and extended stakeholders) make informed strategic decisions and choices through the clear development & articulation of the different scenarios under consideration.
This is a unique role and incredible leadership & growth opportunity. The individual will be responsible for all forecasting efforts in support of the WW Immunoscience organization for one or multiple assets in an individual or a group of diseases. The Senior Manager will help to identify and contextualize critical business issues, and work to embed an objective and unbiased point of view into the business conversation. He/she will need to partner effectively with other functions (Marketing, Market Research, R&D, Finance, CI) to identify logical and defendable forecast assumptions, and support the strategic decision making process.
· Serve as the key point of contact/strategic partner for multiple therapeutic Brand Leads (Executive Directors/Vice Presidents) across a wide range of asset/portfolio issues
· Accountable for generating, presenting, defending and maintaining forecasts of products and markets with a high degree of precision and insight
· Partner with Worldwide and Early Asset teams to perform business case assessments for development decisions and advise lifecycle leaders on significant development decisions and lifecycle plans
· Provide context for decisions, both disease area and portfolio context, to help teams understand how decisions will be perceived by senior management / late-stage portfolio committee
· Help support the valuation of potential in-licensing/business development opportunities
· Proactively and continuously assess the relevant marketplace and its dynamics, customers and competitors. Provide an unbiased point of view on the performance of markets/brands, supported by facts and evidence
· Identifies, gathers, and rigorously analyzes information to generate a deeper understanding of customers, brands, diseases, markets, and competitive environments
· Effectively collaborates with a broad set of business counterparts (including Marketing Research, Analytics, Marketing, Pricing & Reimbursement, Strategic Options & Analysis, Demand planning, GPS and Business Development) to plan and execute accurate revenue and volume forecasts
· Lead the synthesis of data generation and insights from multiple sources (primary and secondary) and develops realistic, insightful, and actionable recommendations to inform forecast assumptions but also marketing strategy. When required, become involved in the design and development of market research forecast studies (i.e. demand research)
· Develop and deliver clear, concise presentations that synthesize disparate data (market research, secondary data, etc.), and that demonstrates a deep understanding of the market dynamics, competition, and brand
· Selects appropriate forecasting approaches and forecast models to address specific business questions
· Maintains data integrity and consistency within disease areas and across brands
· Conducts retrospective analyses & enables organizational learning leading to performance improvement
· BA required, Masters or PhD preferred
· 3+ years of Biotech or Pharma experience in any of the aforementioned analytics areas
· 1+ Years experience pharmaceutical brand forecasting (preferred)
· Strong grasp of an individual analytical discipline, such as forecasting (preferable), market research, or marketing science, with a good general knowledge of the others
· Manage ambiguity by questioning data and/or stakeholder for further nuanced information. Ability to operate on less than perfect data, by having a sound logical framework. Can develop new ways of thinking about a problem, in order to provide an effective solution
· Can defend a position when necessary, particularly around forecast assumptions, and is persuasive in negotiations
· Must possess strong leadership skills and be able to communicate clearly with a wide range of constituents, across multiple geographies
· Demonstrates a continuous commitment to the QC process to ensure quality of deliverables meets or exceeds team’s standards
· Experience developing and using Excel-based forecast models
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.