Bristol Myers Squibb Global Lead - Executive Talent Acquisition in Princeton, New Jersey
Position Summary: Leads the Talent and Workforce Innovation Executive Talent Acquisition Team who are accountable for executive talent acquisition and building out the Executive Talent Acquisition Strategy in alignment with the Global TA Strategy and Enterprise workforce plans.
• Recruit all Executive level roles globally ensuring that for the vast majority of the roles are directly sourced in-house with executive search firms used for niche, difficult to fill roles, and in times of unusually high volumes
• Developing the strategy for executive talent acquisition – innovative, strategic and futurist strategy development to meet the executive talent acquisition needs of the business
• Building strong partnerships internally with the most senior leaders in BMS, the CHRO, HRLT, HR Business Partners, Global TA Strategy and Capability Leads, and Sourcing Teams to ensure that executive talent acquisition is providing the support needed to meet the executive talent needs of the business
• Impressive professional network to support engaging with influential talent for proactive talent pipeline development
• Externally focused to enable sharing of global market trends and competitive intelligence and insights to support decision making
• Partners strategically with external third parties to support strategic approaches to sourcing and attracting superior external talent
• Executive Talent Acquisition approaches are in alignment with the Total Rewards Strategy
• Integrating global diversity and inclusion principles throughout Executive Talent Acquisition programs
• Supporting HRBPs in development of Executive Talent Acquisition WFPs to inform development of demand plans to support proactive talent sourcing
• Monitoring and refining Executive Talent Acquisition processes for offer development in partnership with Global Head, Talent Acquisition Strategy and Capabilities; Total Rewards CoE compensation team; and Legal to ensure successful attraction and hiring of highly competitive talent.
Understands what it takes to build and lead a world class Executive Talent Acquisition function that delivers above benchmark capability for a cost that at or below industry benchmarks
Partners effectively to lead an effective function in partnership with the Global Head of Talent Acquisition Strategy and Capabilities
Leads the team to build an Executive Talent Acquisition Strategy and Demand Plan in alignment with the Global TA Strategy and Enterprise workforce plan
Shapes the capabilities and policies of the Executive Talent Acquisition function globally
An expert relative to the Executive Talent Acquisition process and demonstrates the skill to source/develop proactive and diverse talent pipelines to include attracting, engaging and successfully closing highly complex executive offers for the most senior roles in BMS
Strong matrix leadership & collaboration to work effectively with partners within BMS and externally
Consulting skills to effectively diagnose critical issues to address
Shows clarity of vision. Is able to assess needs, set ambitious goals and inspire others to move in a well-defined direction. Maintains a line of sight on the critical objectives in the face of change. Fluidly navigates a dynamic organization and stays on course.
Demonstrates a strong & confident presence. Confident, professional and calm without being arrogant. Commands attention and respect through knowledge and competence. Garners a high level of trust. Builds relationships easily with executives and business leaders across the company. Adapts to different styles and operates smoothly in a complex, global culture
Thrives under pressure. Comfortable delivering to tight deadlines and is energized by the opportunity to solve complex problems. Manages diverse stakeholders with ease, and brings a calm sense of purpose to his or her direct reports
Puts patients, team and company first. Operates without ego with the ultimate goal of helping patients prevail over serious diseases and unfailingly supports colleagues, peers, and teams
Unyieldingly committed to raising the talent bar. Pushes self and leaders to develop and attract best-in-class performers, and never settles for mediocrity. Establishes performance standards and expectations that enable people to stretch to their highest potential
Demonstrates integrity and an impeccable value system on a daily basis. Can be counted on as a leader, a trusted advisor, a coach and role model. Demonstrates and establishes a high ethical standard across the business
Energizes and inspires others. Brings a positive approach to every endeavor and motivates others to go above and beyond expectations
Excellent judge of talent and ability to grow and develop individuals and teams. Is able to identify and attract talented individuals to BMS and invests in both individuals and the team to build a world class Executive Talent Acquisition function.
Bachelor’s degree, BA or BS required
15+ years’ experience as a talent acquisition leader in companies known for best-in-class strategic talent acquisition programs and results. Preferably, the incumbent will have previous experience building and implementing an executive talent acquisition strategy within a large-scale global organization
5+ years’ experience working within a Retained or Boutique Search Firm is preferred
Demonstrated skill in partnering with senior management, business leaders, and human resources colleagues through strong communication, collaboration, influencing skills, and business acumen
Strong team player who can work closely with key stakeholders at all levels in the organization and contributes to the on-going development of the larger Bristol-Myers Squibb workforce and organization
Conceptual/theoretical capability in designing comprehensive and valid programs, with a strong understanding of external practices in the Executive Talent Acquisition space, combined with a practical approach and ability to translate ideas into concrete deliverables with measurable Company results
Strong leader who is able to inspire a team, set a high bar, and get results. Not fearful of demanding the best while rewarding great achievements, encouraging risk-taking, and developing/building the team with the capabilities to deliver against high standards - today and in the future
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.