Bristol Myers Squibb Development Lead - Oncology in Lawrence Township, New Jersey
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
· The Development Lead is accountable for leading the vision and growth strategy for new oncology assets entering full development.
· In this role, they are also accountable for driving the execution of the strategy.
· Through leading a matrix team, they will assess business opportunities informed by scientific, regulatory, clinical and commercial aspects.
· This role will be a member of the Oncology Leadership Team
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Strategy and Execution
· Creates and delivers the vision and strategy for development of new molecular entities
· Shapes products for competitive profiling to support our value story
· Holistically assessing and filling the data need for Registrational and Non-Registrational Data Generation across various markets
· Oversees and adheres to the Product Development and Commercialization (PD&C) processes for the selected asset and achievement of key milestones
· Proactively identifies potential risks and drives the execution of mitigation strategies
· Interpret and communicate key clinical trial results and regulatory milestones to appropriate governance boards
· Develop a data generation strategy that addresses both regulatory and reimbursement needs globally
· Partner with internal teams to develop and execute a Publications Strategy for primary and secondary publications
Leadership and Matrix Management
· Sets a vision for the Development Team and engages the matrix team on that vision
· Manages performance across the matrix team, in collaboration with the functional leaders
· Secures required headcount and budget to achieve global PD&C plan and drives allocation and prioritization of activities across Research and Development, including Regulatory, Worldwide Medical, etc.
· Oversees relevant sub-teams and ensures clear goals and performance standards are in place, provides feedback and coaching, and holds sub-team leaders accountable for key deliverables
· Demonstrates peer-to-peer influence across R&D functional leadership
Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
· Manages communications with key stakeholders across all BMS functional and market areas to ensure alignment while minimizing risk
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
· Ensures appropriate decisions are made in a timely manner and agreed with the appropriate levels to drive PD&C milestones
· Builds and manages relationships with external stakeholders (Opinion Leaders, Strategic Alliance Partners, Patient Advocacy Leaders, Health Authorities)
· Development of an overall communication strategy as well as the publications strategy and plan, PR plan and Broad internal communications
· Supporting Public Affairs and Investor Relations in managing external BMS communications
DESIRED BACKGROUND, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
· MD/PhD/PharmD/secondary scientific degree preferred
· Oncology experience is preferable
· A minimum of 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry, Health Authorities and/or academic experience, with proven progression in relevant R&D roles and significant experience in related therapeutic area
· Extensive working knowledge in the drug development process, along with expertise in one or more of the relevant areas (e.g. clinical, regulatory, program management, project planning and management, medical)
· Experience in managing/leading high performance, cross-functional teams (Matrix) or complex organizations successfully
· Working knowledge of regulations in the Pharmaceutical industry (US and Global preferred)
· Demonstrated ability to successfully and effectively collaborate, cooperate and work across boundaries (e.g. R&D, disease mgt., marketing, external development) and building strong external relationships
· Ability to navigate through a complex and dynamic healthcare environment
· Abreast of scientific issues as they impact business development and strategic planning
· Success in situations requiring rigorous, analytical problem solving and the ability to determine scientific opportunity and commercial targets
· Broad understanding of domestic and international issues relative to the pharmaceutical industry
· Proven agility in prioritizing and navigating competing demands
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.