Bristol Myers Squibb Flow Cytometry Validation Scientist in Hopewell, New Jersey
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Clinical Flow Cytometry team is seeking scientists to join our world-class team of flow cytometrists. In this laboratory based role, the selected scientist will be responsible for flow cytometry based biomarker assay development, optimization, validation and execution supporting potential drug programs targeting the immune system. The scientists must have strong backgrounds in both multi-parameter flow cytometry and immunology.
The chosen scientist will be responsible for:
· Designing, developing, optimizing, validating and executing novel clinical flow cytometry assays. A high percentage of time will be spent working in the lab.
o De novo assay design/development will be required
o Understanding and practical implementation of flow cytometry assay/ instrument optimization is a must
o All work in this role will be for support of clinical sample analysis, understanding of flow cytometry validation principles is a must.
o Execution of assays may be achieved through the use of in-house laboratories, or by working with vendor labs in an outsourcing fashion
§ Will be responsible for data quality and oversight of vendor
· Data analysis and interpretation for clinical teams for decision making support
· Accurate record keeping of experiments and procedures
· Interacting with stakeholders to understand the needs of individual programs
o Including assay and reportable specifics, timelines, and data delivery needs
· Will work with vendor labs to transfer in-house generated assays and oversee/ quality control data generated by them
· Other tasks will be required to support the team as a whole.
· PhD in immunology or related field
· 3+ years of flow cytometry experience
· Must understand flow cytometry data analysis and interpretation.
· Understanding of validation principles for flow cytometry assays for clinical assays
· Ability to work in a matrixed team in a high pressure environment is a must
· Must have excellent communication skills
· Must have excellent organization and record keeping skills
· Previous Industry experience is a plus
· Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting is a plus
· Experience with BD and Beckman flow cytometers is a plus
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.