Bristol Myers Squibb Flow Cytometrist in Hopewell, New Jersey
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Clinical Flow Cytometry team is seeking scientists to join our world-class team of flow cytometrists. In this laboratory based role, the selected scientist will support flow cytometry based biomarker assay development, optimization, validation and execution. The scientists must have strong backgrounds in Multi-parameter flow cytometry.
The chosen scientist will be responsible for:
· Running flow cytometry experiments in aid of assay development and validation, either autonomously or in support of senior members of the clinical flow cytometry team
· Data analysis of flow cytometry data generated in the lab
o Use of flow jo software will be the primary tool employed
· Daily optimization of and routine maintenance of cytometers
· Accurate record keeping of experiments and procedures
· Interacting with team members to understand the needs of individual assays
· Other tasks will be required to support the team as a whole.
· BS in biology or related field
· 1+ years of flow cytometry experience
· Must understand flow cytometry data analysis.
· Ability to work in a matrixed team in a high pressure environment is a must
· Must have excellent communication skills
· Must have excellent organization and record keeping skills
· Understanding of validation principles for flow cytometry assays for clinical assays
· Previous Industry experience is a plus
· Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting is a plus
· Experience with BD and Beckman flow cytometers is a plus
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.