Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Director, Global Product and Supply Analytics in Cham, Switzerland
One shared journey moves us forward. Bristol-Myers Squibb is a BioPharma leader offering opportunities to learn and grow professionally, working alongside smart, talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients prevail over serious diseases.
Our medicines help millions of people around the world in their fight against cancer, heart disease, HCV, and rheumatoid arthritis. Our commitment to patients’ unmet medical needs drives innovation and pride in our record of achievement and we are recognized as having one of the most innovative pipelines in the industry with launches in Oncology and Specialty products.
Purpose/Objective of the job
The Associate Director GPS Analytics will play a leading role in establishing analytics capabilities for the GPS Organization. This includes but is not limited to providing support for pharmaceutical network planning, EMEA market supply planning and external manufacturing.
Supporting Business Decisions - The Associate Director will work closely with business stakeholders to address priority business questions within an assigned area. This includes all steps from problem identification and key question development through hypothesis testing, driving analysis and presenting key findings to leadership.
Driving Analytics and Capabilities - The Associate Director will play a critical role in answering these business questions using innovative analytic techniques and also by assisting with establishing core analytical capabilities, standards, processes and methodologies for the team.
Strengthening Partnerships – The Associate Director will play an important role in developing and strengthening the relationship between BIA and GPS stakeholders at all levels. Additionally the GPS analytics team will work closely with other teams within BIA as well as BMS Enabling Functions (IT, Finance, Procurement, etc.) it will be important for the Associate Director to help grow partnerships with these teams to ensure optimal engagement with stakeholders.
Coaching Consumers - Provides thought-partnership and coaching to analytics consumers to integrate analytical solutions in business processes and derive recommendations to determine course of action
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
Supporting Business Decisions
Identifies and contextualizes critical business issues, working to embed an objective and unbiased point of view into the business conversation
Drives the application of fact based decision making for key questions within the GPS portfolio enabling priority business choices
Develops and maintains a deep understanding of GPS business priorities, meeting agreed upon analytics deliverables/timing
Driving Analytics and Capabilities
Designs, develops, builds, implements and maintains a broad array of business analytics and analytical tools that solve complex problems in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner
Identifies new opportunities to further leverage analytics, data and analytical tools
Ensures best practice adoption within stated areas of responsibility, applying appropriate levels of technical capability, standardization and subject matter expertise
Proactively manages planned and ad hoc analytics requests, ensuring consistent quality and timeliness in delivery to business stakeholders
Leverages standards for the provision of analytics to support planning and decision making processes, and utilizes appropriate escalation processes
Provides input/feedback and works actively to improve and enhance capabilities related to the GPS BIA team
Supports culture of analytics and fact-based decision making through the utilization of standard methodologies and approaches
Supervise and collaborate closely with external analytics contractors and vendors when applicable or assigned
Establishes a close working partnership and relationship with business stakeholders
Effectively partners and collaborates with other BIA team members (including but not limited to GPS Reporting, Demand Planning, Commercial Analytics, etc.) to identify and evaluate current and future analytics needs for GPS and to deliver a consistent BIA engagement model with stakeholders
Effectively partners and collaborates with a broad set of cross functional counterparts (including IT, Procurement and Finance) to achieve organizational objectives
Understands, demonstrates, and drives adherence to all BMS operating policies
(Disclaimer: Responsibilities will be further distributed with other GPS BIA Team members as the team expands. The responsibilities listed above are only a summary and other responsibilities will be requirements as assigned)
Supervisory Responsibility (List job titles of positions that report directly or indirectly to this position and indicate nature of relationship)
- Not immediately direct, however the position will require the management of external consulting relationships. Prior experience leading a team preferred
List of minimum requirements:
• BA/BS required (Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Supply Chain preferred)
• Advanced degree in quantitative area of study preferred (Masters/PhD)
• Experience interpreting analytical results and ascertaining implications to the business
• Proven experience operating successfully in a complex organizational environment
• Experience interacting with senior management, understanding, anticipating, and fulfilling their insight/analytical information requirements
• Extensive experience in the application of advanced analytics, modeling, data integration and reporting techniques to solve business problems
• 5+ Years of experience working with analytics
• Strong creative problem solving skills to answer key business questions
• Rapidly draws inferences from disparate pieces of data, identify key findings and link to implications and provide recommendations
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities
• Strong analytical skills with substantial knowledge of data analysis, applied statistics, risk based analysis
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to quickly gain and apply manufacturing specific knowledge
• Ability to learn new tools quickly
• Proven ability to lead small teams/groups, influence cross-functionally and manage a heavy workload
• Extensive experience with analytics, modeling platforms, data manipulation software and visualization tools (e.g. SQL, R, SAP Hana, Spotfire, Python, Tableau, Microsoft Suite)
• Familiarity with BMS applications (including SAP, LIMS, OSI Pi) a significant plus
BMS BioPharma Behaviors required
Passion: We pursue excellence to help patients prevail. I set high standards for myself and others to win for our patients / I energize others / I strive to learn something new every day / I treat my patients, customers and colleagues with compassion, empathy and respect.
Innovation: We embrace new ideas. I challenge the status quo / I seek and share bold idea that help BMS win / I pursue and understand diverse perspectives outside of BMS / I encourage and have constructive debates / I embrace change to drive innovative outcomes / I rebound quickly and learn from my mistakes.
Accountability: We own our outcomes and the outcomes of others. I own BMS Success by holding myself and others accountable / I share information in a transparent and honest way / I celebrate my successes and the successes of others / I coach and mentor others with good intent and purpose / I am inclusive and bring out the best in others / I understand what people do and the impact I have on them.
Speed: We act with urgency and agility. I work with a sense of urgency / I focus on what’s important / I consult with the right people to move quickly / I seek efficient, effective solutions / I quickly assess potential risks and rewards / I break silos and eliminate unnecessary rules / I make decisions with resolve and enable others to do the same.
Data Privacy Link
We’re creating innovative medicines for patients fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.